Monday, September 26, 2011
Anyways, I finally was in the mood to do my makeup today and inspired by a certain game I have been playing A LOT with my husband.....Gears of War 3!!! Yes, it is a very fun first person shooter. I did a pretty neutral look, but the colors are derived from the colors of the Ticker creature from the game. I love playing these little guys in Beast games!
What I used:
Urban Decay Drink me, Eat me on the inner corners and brow bone.
Urban Decay Muchness on the inner 3rd of the eyes.
Shiro Cosmetics Mew on the middle 3rd of the eyes.
Urban Decay Mad Hatter on the outer 3rd of the eyes.
Smashbox eye liner.
Urban Decay Skyscraper mascara.
Shiro Cosmetics Zelda on the cheeks.
Monday, July 25, 2011
Deku scrubs! OMGZ! I have been playing Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D on my husband's 3DS and it is uber fun times. I haven't gotten out of Jabu Jabu's belly yet, but I have enjoyed what I have played so far. I decided to base my look for the day off of these little annoying mobs that shoot seeds at you in the game.
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
Deku by Shiro Cosmetics on the lid
Acid by Shiro Cosmetics in the crease and along lower lash line
Link by Shiro Cosmetics in the outer corner and a bit up into the crease
Meowth on brow bone and inner corners
Smashbox eye liner
Buxom lash from Bare Escentuals for lashes
Zelda by Shiro on the cheeks
Monday, July 18, 2011
Zelda from Shiro cosmetics on the lid just up to the crease.
Green 'Stache by Geek Chic Cosmetics in the crease and outer corner.
Bulbasaur from Shiro Cosmetics in the outer corner.
Meowth (of course) by Shiro Cosmetics on the brow bone and inner corners.
L'oreal Carbon Black liquid liner along the upper lashline.
Smashbox Limitless eye liner along the lower lashline.
Buxom Lash for the lashes.
For cheeks I used Mew from Shiro Cosmetics. It's so lovely as a blush!
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Hello my nerdies! I've been gone for a bit because I've been moving! Hurrah, I'm sure you all know how 'fun' that is. V.V Anyway, despite still having some things to unpack, I will start posting again. How have you all been? I hope everyone is well.
I should have a post later tonight, but in the meantime for your amusement here is a picture of me in my nerdy hello kitty glasses.
Monday, July 4, 2011
Sunday, July 3, 2011
6) My favorite actor at this moment is Alexander Skarsgard (omgz, hawtness ^.^)
7) I hope to one day have my own line of makeup
Saturday, July 2, 2011
Today I have for you some swatches from a not yet released eye shadow collection by Linnaeus Cosmetics!!! I received 3 complimentary samples from Marin to swatch for my site and I am so stoked about these! (Of course, all opinions are my own and are honest. I'm not going to lie to you guys to get free stuff!) Linnaeus Cosmetics is a great indie makeup company and you need to check it out!!!
You can check out my full review and swatches for this company here.
First, there are some exciting things happening with Linnaeus Cosmetics. Check out this info!
-Linnauescosmetics.com will launch July 9th
-The week leading up to July 9th is going to be loaded with giveaways and small contests each day:
Now onto the swatches.
From left to right, we have Tweet, Swank, and Jounce.
Tweet is a nice bright yellow. I don't normally like yellow eye shadows but this one is awesome.
Swank is a light orange-y color... kind of like a creamsicle. Love it.
Jounce is a deep green, almost brown color. So great for a smoky look.
All of these eye shadows have a beautiful shimmer to them and nice pigmentation. I can't wait for the collection to release!!!
I hope you enjoyed this and that you check out Linnaues Cosmetics soon. It's a great indie makeup company and the owner, Marin is a sweet chic.
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Prime the entire lid and underneath lower lash line with Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin.
Add Gyarados by Shiro Cosmetics along the top lash line to make up the lower third of the lid.
Place Twilight Princess from Geek Chic Cosmetics above the Gyarados up to below the crease.
Apply Green 'Stache by Geek Chic Cosmetics in the crease and outer corner of the lid.
Apply Meowth by Shiro Cosmetics along the brow bone and inner corners of the eyes.
Urban Decay 24/7 eye liner.
Buxom Lash by Bare Escentuals for the lashes.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
I've got a full review and swatches here.
Monday, June 20, 2011
Hello everyone! I've got a review today for da-da-da-DA!....Linnaeus Cosmetics! I am so excited about reviewing this line! Linnaeus Cosmetics is an independent vegan mineral makeup company run by the darling Marin. She does makeup lines inspired by her love of animals. I have just gotten my first order from Linnaeus and I am already in love with the company. I have nothing but great things to say in reviewing the customer service, packaging, and products!
Ok, first we review customer service! You may have read me talking about how I am big on great customer service. Being someone who works in that area myself, I find it a very important aspect. I can tell you hands down that if you buy from Linnaeus Cosmetics you will get excellent customer service. Within hours of placing my order I had a message from Marin thanking me for my order and letting me know I would be updated with a tracking number once everything was shipped. I was kept up to date during the whole process and I really appreciate that. I also got a full hand written letter with my order thanking me for my purchase again. Marin is a very sweet and awesome person. She knows how to treat her customers :)
Next....packaging! I have a picture below with the little bag that my eye shadows came in. As is stated on the website, all packaging is biodegradable, recycled or recyclable when possible. Definitely nice to know that my purchase supports being green! ^.^ The bag looks like it's made from some kind of canvas, and will be nice to store my eye shadows in. The actual jars that the eye shadows come in are 5 gram jars with sifters. They come tight wrapped in plastic so you know they have not been tampered with or come open. Linnaeus Cosmetics is printed on the lids of the jars and the bottoms of the jars are labeled with the eye shadow name and ingredients. I am very pleased with the packaging. Cute, earth-friendly, and clean!
Now, onto the shadows, which I am super-stoked about! These eye shadows are beautiful!!! I just can't stress enough how lovely they are. They are all vegan and the ingredients are listed on the package clearly so that you know what is in them. They are also clearly labeled if they are not lip safe. All ingredients are listed on the website as well for all of the products, so there is no question of what is in them and that is an awesome thing! As listed on the Etsy store policies Linnaeus Cosmetics does not repackage! All shadows are unique formulas.
My camera just doesn't capture these shades to their fullest beauty. They all have a nice shimmer to them that is just enchanting. They are very smooth to apply and show up really well. These swatches I did are over the Mary Kay eye primer. The top swatches are the Gemsbok collection (aside from the Bouffant, which I got as a free sample) and the bottom swatches are the Lovely Cotinga collection.
- Fabled is a light silvery color with some lovely shimmer
- Kalahari is a light shimmery beige. I'm gonna love using this one for a nice lid color or wash for the whole eye lid
- Tough Stuff is a deep gray, almost black with multi shimmer in it
- Bouffant is a light shimmery gold
- Show Off is a deep true shimmery purple
- Astute is more of a purply-pink with shimmer
- Flutter is a bright light blue with shimmer
So there is my critique...love the customer service, love the packaging and love the products!!!! You should definitely check out Marin's Etsy shop here. Starting July 9th she will be launching her new website: Linnauescosmetics.com. There is currently a 20% off sale still going on at the Etsy sight, visit and get some awesomeness! ^.^
I will be posting some looks with these colors soon!
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
- Zelda by Shiro Cosmetics on the lid up to the crease.
- Butterfree by Shiro Cosmetics in the crease and along the lower lash line.
- Meowth by Shiro Cosmetics in the inner corners and along the browbone.
- L'oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense liquid liner along the upper lash line.
- Urban Decay 24/7 eye liner in Zero on the waterline.
- Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash for the eye lashes
- Say It Isn't So blush by Lost in Makeupland on the cheeks.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Oh hi! I has a product to share with you that has been my absolute favorite for months. It's the Victora's Secret Pro Smooth FX Lip Scrub and Balm.
I have a nervous habit that I can't get rid of where I lick/chew my lips all the time. This makes my lips dry and chapped a lot of the time, especially in the winter. With this new vs product I can get my lips silky smooth in just minutes! "Now, Bekah, why don't you cut your bad habit?" is what some of you may be thinking.... Well I will at some point, but right now it's helping prove a product to be awesome!
The container for his scrub/balm is really neat. It has the scrub in the bottom when you unscrew the top, then you just flip up the very top of the lid and it has he balm there. Definitely nice for saving space.
The scrub is a sugar one. It smells really nice. It is recommended to scrub your lips for 30 seconds then tissue the product off. After that, you apply the balm and it leaves a nice layer of moisture. I really like the balm because it is smoothing and not sticky at all. After using this stuff you get a refreshing, slightly tingling feeling on your lips.
It is $14 at VS and it is completely worth every penny! I highly recommend this to anyone to keep those lips fresh and supple.
Saturday, June 11, 2011
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin all over the lid
- Nite Owl just on the lid, staying underneath the crease
- Taxidermy in the crease and a little teeny bit above
- Peanut for the inner corners and highlighting the brow bone
- For cheeks I have on Peachy from Lost in Makeupland.
- For lips I have the Beauty Rush lipgloss from Victoria's Secret in Slice of Heaven.
Thursday, June 9, 2011
- Check out Linnaeus Cosmetics here. The owner of the store is doing a 20% off sale since she will be moving her shop. The eye shadows are vegan, which is awesome, and they look very pretty. I have already purchased a couple collections and can't wait to review and swatch them!
- Check out Morgana Cryptoria's sale on eye shadows here. I actually purchased some of these a while back and really like them. See swatches below.
The colors here are really nice. I didn't notice how vibrant they were until I swatched them. I will do a full review on some Morgana Cryptoria products when I can actually get one of her full collections and some lipsticks, hopefully.
Well, that is my little bit for the day. Happy shopping for loots! ^.^
Monday, June 6, 2011
Yes, finally I have within my grasp some Geek Chic Cosmetics eye shadows. I am so excited about this! Geek Chic Cosmetics is an independent makeup company run by a group of people who cater to geeks like me that like makeup AND video games. They have several different collections of eye shadows, the names of which will leave you with absolute delight because of their reference to video games/geeky stuff. I found when I swatched these shadows that not only do they have epic names, but they are very beautiful. So even if you aren't into video games or nerdiness as much, you will still love the pigmentation and gorgeous colors in these eye shadows.
Above are the swatches for the Mushroom Kingdom collection. I love all of these colors so much!
- Tan-ooki is a bronzy-brown color with a satin finish.
- Princess in distress is a light pink shimmery color. I've been wearing this one a lot as just a wash of color on the lid and it is beautiful.
- Tomboy Princess is a nice true yellow with shimmer in it.
- Game over is more of a purple color, though it looks blue in this picture. It has shimmer as well.
- Green 'Stache is a shimmer almost yellow-green, but more on the green side.
- It's A-Me is an awesome red shimmery color. Love it!
- Twilight Princess is a dark blue-green color with a satin finish.
- Triforce is a difficult one to explain. It's more of a gold-yellow with shimmer.
- Excuuuse Me, Princess! is a nice true shimmery purple.
- Chosen One is a dark forest green with shimmer.
- Desert Chic is a deep kinda rusty-red with a more satin-matte finish.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
- Start with a clean face and apply a face primer. I used Lancome La Base Pro. This will help your foundation go on smoother and last longer.
- Conceal your dark circles and imperfections. Even if you stay up the night before the wedding stressing or decorating you want to look well rested! My choice is Super Stay Concealer by Maybelline. It stays really nicely all day.
- Apply your foundation. Use something that is not too heave with the coverage. I used Revlon Color Stay Makeup in Ivory. This foundation stays up to 16 hours. It's a good idea to wear long lasting makeup so that you don't have to worry about touching up as much.
- Prime your eyes. I used the Mary Kay Signature Eye Primer. This will help your eye makeup stand out and last longer. You don't want any creasing for pictures!
- Take a light shimmery pink and apply it on the whole lid, staying below the crease. I used Clefairy by Shiro Cosmetics.
- Use a light champagne color to go over the inner third of the lid, the inner corner of the eye, and along the brow bone for highlight. I used Meowth by Shiro Cosmetics.
- Take a shimmery brown shade and work it into the outer corner of the eye and into the crease to create some depth. I have Golem by Shiro Cosmetics for this. You'll want to also take some of that color and go underneath the lower lash line just on the outside to help the eyes stand out.
- Use a black (or brown) eye liner to line your upper and lower lash lines. I used Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Liner.
- Lengthen those lashes!!! I used Bare Escentuals Boxum Mascara in Blackest Black. One step that is optional is using demi lashes. I haven't done that in this picture but for the big day I wore demi lashes on the outer half of the upper lash line to open my eyes up some more.
- Apply some blush. I applied Say It Isn't So by Lost in Makeupland to the apples of my cheeks and swept up toward the temples.
- Highlight your face. I used the Meowth eye shadow again on the top of my cheek bones to help reflect light and flatter my face.
- Lips! I used L'oreal Paris Infallible lipstick in Thistle. It is nice because it has a stick for color and a moisturizer. Be sure to get a lipstick that won't wear off so your groom doesn't wear your lipstick when you kiss. :)
And that's that! I tried to make it a nice clean look to help enhance my features. The lighting for the pictures makes it difficult to tell some of the colors properly. I thin I will get a day bulb to help with this. I hope that you like it!
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
I've got some sweet material lined up for upcoming posts:
- Wedding Look
- Geek Chic Cosmetics Eye Shadow review and swatches
- Morgana Cryptoria Eye Shadow review and swatches
That is what I have for future posts for the time being. Huzzah! I hope everyone is doing great and I look forward to any responses/feedback.
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Lost in Makeupland is a fairly new independent makeup company run by Ms. Belen. She has a store on Etsy as well as a blog where she keeps her peeps up to date on latest news with her products. Her shop is full of great mineral eye shadows, blushes, and highlighters. When I first saw the website I knew I had to try it out so I bought some samples!
Lost in Makeupland is having a contest to win either a 50% discount code or $50 worth of LIM products!!!! Check out the rules here!
Belen knows what she is doing when it comes to this category. She is very kind to her customers and keeps them up to date. I did have to wait almost a month to get my package but only because I live in the US and the shipping for overseas in Spain at the time was backed up. I do not have a problem with this and I know about it because Belen keeps updates on her Twitter account, which I follow, telling what's going on as far as shipping. There were some people giving her a hard time about the whole post office being backed up and I say that is ridiculous. Belen DOES NOT control the post office that ships internationally and was kind enough to let us know what was going on. I promise, you will not die from having to wait for your cosmetics a little longer! Anyway, now that I'm off that rant.... bottom line, good customer service! ^.^
Cute packaging. Since I had all samples they came in little zip baggies all in a little tie bag as seen below. I LIKE it!
When I swatches these colors I became so excited because they are all beautiful!!! I ordered 10 samples of eye shadows (Belen gave me an extra, so sweet!), 2 blush samples, and a highlighter sample.
The eye shadows with a V next them are vegan and the eye shadows with an NV next to them are non-vegan. This is another thing I like about Lost in Makeupland... they are clearly labeled as to whether they are vegan or not and every product has a list of ingredients used on the website. It's nice that this company is up front about it's products.
I find all of the eye shadows to be very pigmented. They go on nicely and blend beautifully when applying. I am so excited about these products because they are so pretty! I really do love them all. Goomer is an almost purply-pink (mainly pink). Sugar-coated has a beautiful sky blue color to it. Purrrple is a kind of dark lavender color. Weed is a light almost yellow-green. Not So Much is an interestingly pretty color with its burnt red kind of look. Expensive is a golden brown. Ink Bubbles is a cute pink (can't really explain what kind of pink). Whipped is a nice frosty white. Bruised seems to be an almost mauve color. Bioshock may be my favorite because it has a gorgeous deep green color with brown in it. Queen is deep red and brown.
The highlighter and blushes are soooo lovely. I put in the Say It Isn't So blush in the picture below and it blended so well. I normally hate having to deal with blush because I'm so pale that I end up looking like a Raggity Anne doll or something, but with this blush it is not too harsh and it gives a pretty flush to the cheeks. I really like the Peachy blush as well as it is also light and not too bright for my skin and I love light peachy blushes anyway. The highlighter is very satisfactory for me. Highlighters are not something I use a lot but I probably will with this one. It gives a nice brightening touch to the face when applied above the cheekbones.
I did a look using some of the products:
Thursday, March 17, 2011
If you have been reading my blog for a while you already know that I loooove Shiro! I have decided that it is my favorite makeup company. Number one, they are absolutely beautiful eye shadows; number two, they have a Pokemon and Zelda collection; number three, the owner of the company Caitlin is a big nerd like me ^.^ She is so nice and really knows how to run a business and implement good customer service. So let's get down to business!