Thursday, June 30, 2011
Prime the entire lid and underneath lower lash line with Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin.
Add Gyarados by Shiro Cosmetics along the top lash line to make up the lower third of the lid.
Place Twilight Princess from Geek Chic Cosmetics above the Gyarados up to below the crease.
Apply Green 'Stache by Geek Chic Cosmetics in the crease and outer corner of the lid.
Apply Meowth by Shiro Cosmetics along the brow bone and inner corners of the eyes.
Urban Decay 24/7 eye liner.
Buxom Lash by Bare Escentuals for the lashes.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
I've got a full review and swatches here.
Monday, June 20, 2011
Hello everyone! I've got a review today for da-da-da-DA!....Linnaeus Cosmetics! I am so excited about reviewing this line! Linnaeus Cosmetics is an independent vegan mineral makeup company run by the darling Marin. She does makeup lines inspired by her love of animals. I have just gotten my first order from Linnaeus and I am already in love with the company. I have nothing but great things to say in reviewing the customer service, packaging, and products!
Ok, first we review customer service! You may have read me talking about how I am big on great customer service. Being someone who works in that area myself, I find it a very important aspect. I can tell you hands down that if you buy from Linnaeus Cosmetics you will get excellent customer service. Within hours of placing my order I had a message from Marin thanking me for my order and letting me know I would be updated with a tracking number once everything was shipped. I was kept up to date during the whole process and I really appreciate that. I also got a full hand written letter with my order thanking me for my purchase again. Marin is a very sweet and awesome person. She knows how to treat her customers :)
Next....packaging! I have a picture below with the little bag that my eye shadows came in. As is stated on the website, all packaging is biodegradable, recycled or recyclable when possible. Definitely nice to know that my purchase supports being green! ^.^ The bag looks like it's made from some kind of canvas, and will be nice to store my eye shadows in. The actual jars that the eye shadows come in are 5 gram jars with sifters. They come tight wrapped in plastic so you know they have not been tampered with or come open. Linnaeus Cosmetics is printed on the lids of the jars and the bottoms of the jars are labeled with the eye shadow name and ingredients. I am very pleased with the packaging. Cute, earth-friendly, and clean!
Now, onto the shadows, which I am super-stoked about! These eye shadows are beautiful!!! I just can't stress enough how lovely they are. They are all vegan and the ingredients are listed on the package clearly so that you know what is in them. They are also clearly labeled if they are not lip safe. All ingredients are listed on the website as well for all of the products, so there is no question of what is in them and that is an awesome thing! As listed on the Etsy store policies Linnaeus Cosmetics does not repackage! All shadows are unique formulas.
My camera just doesn't capture these shades to their fullest beauty. They all have a nice shimmer to them that is just enchanting. They are very smooth to apply and show up really well. These swatches I did are over the Mary Kay eye primer. The top swatches are the Gemsbok collection (aside from the Bouffant, which I got as a free sample) and the bottom swatches are the Lovely Cotinga collection.
- Fabled is a light silvery color with some lovely shimmer
- Kalahari is a light shimmery beige. I'm gonna love using this one for a nice lid color or wash for the whole eye lid
- Tough Stuff is a deep gray, almost black with multi shimmer in it
- Bouffant is a light shimmery gold
- Show Off is a deep true shimmery purple
- Astute is more of a purply-pink with shimmer
- Flutter is a bright light blue with shimmer
So there is my critique...love the customer service, love the packaging and love the products!!!! You should definitely check out Marin's Etsy shop here. Starting July 9th she will be launching her new website: Linnauescosmetics.com. There is currently a 20% off sale still going on at the Etsy sight, visit and get some awesomeness! ^.^
I will be posting some looks with these colors soon!
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
- Zelda by Shiro Cosmetics on the lid up to the crease.
- Butterfree by Shiro Cosmetics in the crease and along the lower lash line.
- Meowth by Shiro Cosmetics in the inner corners and along the browbone.
- L'oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense liquid liner along the upper lash line.
- Urban Decay 24/7 eye liner in Zero on the waterline.
- Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash for the eye lashes
- Say It Isn't So blush by Lost in Makeupland on the cheeks.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Oh hi! I has a product to share with you that has been my absolute favorite for months. It's the Victora's Secret Pro Smooth FX Lip Scrub and Balm.
I have a nervous habit that I can't get rid of where I lick/chew my lips all the time. This makes my lips dry and chapped a lot of the time, especially in the winter. With this new vs product I can get my lips silky smooth in just minutes! "Now, Bekah, why don't you cut your bad habit?" is what some of you may be thinking.... Well I will at some point, but right now it's helping prove a product to be awesome!
The container for his scrub/balm is really neat. It has the scrub in the bottom when you unscrew the top, then you just flip up the very top of the lid and it has he balm there. Definitely nice for saving space.
The scrub is a sugar one. It smells really nice. It is recommended to scrub your lips for 30 seconds then tissue the product off. After that, you apply the balm and it leaves a nice layer of moisture. I really like the balm because it is smoothing and not sticky at all. After using this stuff you get a refreshing, slightly tingling feeling on your lips.
It is $14 at VS and it is completely worth every penny! I highly recommend this to anyone to keep those lips fresh and supple.
Saturday, June 11, 2011
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin all over the lid
- Nite Owl just on the lid, staying underneath the crease
- Taxidermy in the crease and a little teeny bit above
- Peanut for the inner corners and highlighting the brow bone
- For cheeks I have on Peachy from Lost in Makeupland.
- For lips I have the Beauty Rush lipgloss from Victoria's Secret in Slice of Heaven.
Thursday, June 9, 2011
- Check out Linnaeus Cosmetics here. The owner of the store is doing a 20% off sale since she will be moving her shop. The eye shadows are vegan, which is awesome, and they look very pretty. I have already purchased a couple collections and can't wait to review and swatch them!
- Check out Morgana Cryptoria's sale on eye shadows here. I actually purchased some of these a while back and really like them. See swatches below.
The colors here are really nice. I didn't notice how vibrant they were until I swatched them. I will do a full review on some Morgana Cryptoria products when I can actually get one of her full collections and some lipsticks, hopefully.
Well, that is my little bit for the day. Happy shopping for loots! ^.^
Monday, June 6, 2011
Yes, finally I have within my grasp some Geek Chic Cosmetics eye shadows. I am so excited about this! Geek Chic Cosmetics is an independent makeup company run by a group of people who cater to geeks like me that like makeup AND video games. They have several different collections of eye shadows, the names of which will leave you with absolute delight because of their reference to video games/geeky stuff. I found when I swatched these shadows that not only do they have epic names, but they are very beautiful. So even if you aren't into video games or nerdiness as much, you will still love the pigmentation and gorgeous colors in these eye shadows.
Above are the swatches for the Mushroom Kingdom collection. I love all of these colors so much!
- Tan-ooki is a bronzy-brown color with a satin finish.
- Princess in distress is a light pink shimmery color. I've been wearing this one a lot as just a wash of color on the lid and it is beautiful.
- Tomboy Princess is a nice true yellow with shimmer in it.
- Game over is more of a purple color, though it looks blue in this picture. It has shimmer as well.
- Green 'Stache is a shimmer almost yellow-green, but more on the green side.
- It's A-Me is an awesome red shimmery color. Love it!
- Twilight Princess is a dark blue-green color with a satin finish.
- Triforce is a difficult one to explain. It's more of a gold-yellow with shimmer.
- Excuuuse Me, Princess! is a nice true shimmery purple.
- Chosen One is a dark forest green with shimmer.
- Desert Chic is a deep kinda rusty-red with a more satin-matte finish.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
- Start with a clean face and apply a face primer. I used Lancome La Base Pro. This will help your foundation go on smoother and last longer.
- Conceal your dark circles and imperfections. Even if you stay up the night before the wedding stressing or decorating you want to look well rested! My choice is Super Stay Concealer by Maybelline. It stays really nicely all day.
- Apply your foundation. Use something that is not too heave with the coverage. I used Revlon Color Stay Makeup in Ivory. This foundation stays up to 16 hours. It's a good idea to wear long lasting makeup so that you don't have to worry about touching up as much.
- Prime your eyes. I used the Mary Kay Signature Eye Primer. This will help your eye makeup stand out and last longer. You don't want any creasing for pictures!
- Take a light shimmery pink and apply it on the whole lid, staying below the crease. I used Clefairy by Shiro Cosmetics.
- Use a light champagne color to go over the inner third of the lid, the inner corner of the eye, and along the brow bone for highlight. I used Meowth by Shiro Cosmetics.
- Take a shimmery brown shade and work it into the outer corner of the eye and into the crease to create some depth. I have Golem by Shiro Cosmetics for this. You'll want to also take some of that color and go underneath the lower lash line just on the outside to help the eyes stand out.
- Use a black (or brown) eye liner to line your upper and lower lash lines. I used Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Liner.
- Lengthen those lashes!!! I used Bare Escentuals Boxum Mascara in Blackest Black. One step that is optional is using demi lashes. I haven't done that in this picture but for the big day I wore demi lashes on the outer half of the upper lash line to open my eyes up some more.
- Apply some blush. I applied Say It Isn't So by Lost in Makeupland to the apples of my cheeks and swept up toward the temples.
- Highlight your face. I used the Meowth eye shadow again on the top of my cheek bones to help reflect light and flatter my face.
- Lips! I used L'oreal Paris Infallible lipstick in Thistle. It is nice because it has a stick for color and a moisturizer. Be sure to get a lipstick that won't wear off so your groom doesn't wear your lipstick when you kiss. :)
And that's that! I tried to make it a nice clean look to help enhance my features. The lighting for the pictures makes it difficult to tell some of the colors properly. I thin I will get a day bulb to help with this. I hope that you like it!