Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Coastal Scents Winterberry Palette-Review and Swatches

Coastal Scents is a great makeup company. They have very pretty and pigmented eye shadows for good prices. I've gotten several of the palettes from them because you get so much makeup for cheap! And it looks awesome! Today I will review the Winterberry Palette, one that I had my eye on since it first came out and finally purchased a few weeks ago. You can check out Coastal Scents at www.coastalscents.com

    This palette is made up of several different colors from the Hot Pots that Coastal Scents offers.Hot pots are just essentially eye shadows that are not put in a palette and there a ton of different colors to choose from. You have the option to pick and choose from those as you like.

Packaging
There are a couple good things about the compact for this palette.
1) The slots that you put the makeup pots in are magnetic, so you can mix and match if you decide to get some of their hot pots.I believe the slots in these compacts are compatible with MAC cosmetics eye shadows as well.
2)It has a very nice mirror in it.

The only thing I don't like about the compact itself is that it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to open with my fingers. I have to wedge something between where it snaps to get it open. I don't know if its just mine or if it's universal, but it makes it difficult to work with sometimes.


The Shadows!!!
   I really like these shadows ^.^ . This palette is full of colors and tones that I really like. As you can see in the swatch they are quite pigmented. I have a primer on my hand, but even without the primer they are beautiful. I'll probably use the lower two rows more for crease and lid and the upper row for above crease/brow bone.I'd say my favorites are ME18 and S14 because they are very pretty colors and seem to show up the best.
  As far as how well these last, I've done a few looks with some of the colors and they always stay in place as long as I have a primer on. I normally put a cream shadow underneath these to make them pop, but its not something you need for it to make a nice look.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this palette. Beautiful colors, great pigmentation, and I can swap the pots out for different colors in the future if I want! ^.^ I hope this was helpful!


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment